Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Racist Republican of the Day

From Rachel Maddow's blog

The chair of the Virginia Beach Republican committee has reportedly stepped down after a racist e-mail allegedly sent from his account in March ended up all over the Internet on Monday.
Gary Byler, GOP chair in the state's 2nd Congressional District, tells the Washington Post:
"Let me make it clear David Bartholomew does not tolerate racism. He never has. David would never knowingly forward racist material.''
That leaves unclear whether someone else secretly forwarded the e-mail under Barthlomew's account, or whether Bartholomew forwarded the e-mail without realizing it was racist. And if that's true, wow, because here's the text as posted first by Blue Virginia:
MY DOG
I went down this morning to sign up my Dog for welfare.
At first the lady said, "Dogs are not eligible to draw welfare".
So I explained to her that my Dog is black, unemployed, lazy, can't speak
English and has no frigging clue who his Daddy is.
So she looked in her policy book to see what it takes to qualify...
My Dog gets his first check Friday.
Is this is a great country or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment